"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

monsoon dreaming.

Inspired by Kuala Lumpur, my home for the last few days. Tomorrow I embark on the final leg of my journey - Singapore, my mother's childhood home. Missing belephant and smelly belly. 

the sky cried on the streets today.
smoke and steam.

muddy puddles.
motorbikes.
pay-by-the-hour hotels.

smell,
spike,
crack,
eat,
lick.
heaven stinks.
literally.

men stare.
sweat like diamonds
on brow, back and breasts.
i'm pretty sure you-know-whos aren't Sharia.
and then

drip
drip
drip
splash.

run.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Loving the way you convey the street food in Malaysia, and the hardworking men.

"Monsoon Dreaming": why the title?