"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Honest Blood

I wonder how many other girls like me
Have asked boys like you to hit them

I still remember sitting here, typing those words.
I remember brutal, bloody, frustrated honesty

I remember you saying you wouldn't,
That you would never,
You paragon of decency, you

And I still stand by what I said
All those years ago

I wish I had a scar to show them
Because my words are lies

But all bodies bleed the same.

No comments: