"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, August 27, 2015

perth at dusk.

We made love against the window
Looking out at a smoky golden dusk
The sun setting over the rubble of our childhood
As we reveled in the privacy of indifference

There is great solitude in intimacy
Snatched together, but far away
Tears draining into pools of sweat
Caught in the crosshairs of ecstasy

There is a dandelion beauty about you, my dear
Your hair catches the light
In the way that smashed beer bottles catch the sun
And the spiders watch, guiltily enthralled

When you came
You smelt like the sea
And now, as you leave
You smell like me.

No comments: