"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Sodium Chloride

Do not tell me what it is you love about them
There is nothing about anyone that you love

Do not tell me how you love their eyes
I HAVE EYES

And I have spent my whole life
Wondering
Why mine weren’t good enough

I wish you had told me instead
The truth;

The truth I couldn’t know in my solitude
The truth that love is like salt.

I wish you had told me that people are like elements,
Together we are explosions or raspberries or cures for cancer
But when your uninteresting eyes met her uninteresting eyes
Together, you were salt

I didn’t understand why I wasn’t good enough
I couldn’t see the difference between her eyes and mine

But I would have understood salt.

No comments: