"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, January 04, 2016

Ship to Wreck

I play the role of the neglected wife well, my love
I have the appetite of a glutton

In truth;
You can have me, but you cannot own me

I will unman you;
My love is an ocean to drown in

You are a hapless sailor,
My little fool;

You are a ship to wreck
And I am a maelstrom.

I have wandering hands;
And I want you to hold them.

I have trembling hands;
And I want you to hold me

You roar like a baited bear
Because you know I always want more

It is a blessing then,
That tides change and seasons turn;

Because we will always be left wanting.

No comments: