"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Girls, You are Beautiful.

I'll admit it. I'm curvy.

It took me a long time to start to love my body. I grew up in a world of stick thin blonde barbiedolls. I grew up with lots of athletic girls and lots of girls who didn't eat anything. It's not hard to feel fat in this world.

And when you look at the red carpet, you feel as though if you have a belly, or a bum, or boobs, you'll never be successful. Sure, there are curvy women strutting their stuff (some are below), but they're swamped by peroxide-blonde skeletons, that look as though they'd disintigrate if you blew on them. Those stick insects that make you feel like you'll never be one of the rich and famous. It's demoralizing, really.

But now I'm proud to say that yes, I've got hips and yes, I've got boobs and a stomach and a bum. I have stretch marks, I have scars of all sorts. My legs get hairy when I don't shave them. I'm a woman, and I'm a human being. Hear me roar.

And so, for all you big girls out there, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Kelly Clarkson, former American Idol winner

Jordin Sparks, former American Idol winner

America Ferrera, star of Ugly Betty

Scarlett Johansson, actress

...Just some of many stars proving that the odd meal and the spotlight can go well together.



BIG GIRLS YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

1 comment:

Blur Ting said...

Atta girl! You're a wise one. I often look back and wonder why I wasted all that time hating my body when I was younger.