"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, October 04, 2013

hiatus things

Now Playing: Wings by Birdy (you told me after it all we'd remember this night for the rest of our lives)

I apologise for the hiatus from 'actual blogging' over the last few weeks.

Firstly, my dearest friend is gone. I'm doing okay; I keep finding myself and then losing it again, but I'll get there. It feels weird, writing and knowing he's not reading; or, at least, reading as a bitter cynical broken ex-friend instead of my sweet smiling best mate.

More importantly, I ran in my first election - which is the most exhausting, stressful, draining, deliriously exciting thing I have ever done. I've made so many new friends and had so many good times and it has really helped me pull through such a difficult time.

I did say that Speak Now would be back three days ago but didn't anticipate the crazy that has been this week. I'm not going to set any deadlines, but I'm just saying that Lady Solitaire is back, and I hope you missed me.

Stay beautiful :)

No comments: