"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Wings

I had almost forgotten kindness
Warm arms, soft words, sweet smiles
I thought they were lost to a life and time
I'll never know again

You have too much power for a ghost
I'd do anything you say if you say it with your hands
I found you in the dark
But I could not find your heart

At three in the morning, in the darkness
Arms around me and lips against me
And clothes scattered on the floor
Too rough, too warm

You were born and died in my arms
Whispered words and blushing confessions
Hushed revelations and animated conversations
They are all here, here with me, here to keep me company

I have never known such vulnerability
I do not know you at all
But I know you have known pain, and loneliness
It is easy to touch you, but easier still to touch your pride

But for a moment, I think
Just for half a heartbeat
I knew not only your naked body
But also your naked soul

Damn these walls
In the moment we were ten feet tall
And you told me after it all
We'd remember tonight for the rest of our lives

Inspired by 'Wings' by Birdy 

No comments: