"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, September 15, 2014

Cloud High

Will you live your life as a tree for me?

Never changing
Ever changing

What God has put on this earth
Let only an act of God
Or child of God

Tear asunder

And I

I will live my life as the hummingbird

Whimsical, beautiful, ethereal

A heartbeat away from death
A bullet away from the grave

But, my love
Aren't we all the same?

My love,
I do not leave you on the ground

Birds and trees alike
Soar

Cloud high

I do not have your strength
To bear the burden of

Snow fall
Snow melt

God never made me for the earth
He made me for the trees and the sky

He made me to fly

Up to His kingdom

Cloud high

No comments: