"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Beast

You are everything I hate
Sweat, smoke, and sand
I want...

(I know you.
You are tears and grass stains and broken dreams)

I like the way this hangs in the air
You are quick to catch the scent-

You look up, I look down
And then you look down on me

(Perhaps we will find equilibrium
When I am on my knees)

You built this suburban sprawl
With your bare hands;

You are a beast of a man

Come,
I want to see

How much of a beast I can be.

No comments: