"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Spite.

Calm.
They cannot hurt you, darling
They never will

(Well, they have
But like Frankenstein
You crawl towards the light
In spite of the scars)

Be still.
Remember what you are

(Black eyes and spite)

Silence.
Follow your own advice.

(I’d cut out my lungs to spite your
White bread, black heart face)

Do you know what it sounds like?
A howl in a bowl of blood

Pride is a sin
But you were never a saint

(Angels are so spitefully white and I paint myself red)

Surrender.
They have always hurt you, darling
They always will

(But like Frankenstein
I crawl towards the light

In spite of the scars) 

No comments: