"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

We Are Not Things

If you want to love a woman
Fall out of love with the angel first

Angels;
Are not real

Their skin has no scent, no warmth

Love a woman, not a corpse

Fall out of love with her rosy cheeks
It is just powder;

It represents hard earned money
And it was never for your benefit

You can buy angels and machines by the dozen;
In glossy-paper form

(If that is what you want,
For pity's sake, leave me alone;
I will not apologise for imperfection)

And remember;
It is not her

And it most definitely isn't you

Love is an experiment in reckless collaboration.

Tears;
Are ugly

Sleep;
Is ugly

Blood;
Is ugly

But you, my friend,
Must find beauty in it

As she does in you.

No comments: