"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, April 25, 2009

have you ever tried to jam a triangle into a circle hole?

Poof. No comments. I hope that just means you read my posts and were so amazed that it rendered you speechless.

Nah, just kidding.

I consider myself a triangle. Why?

Okay, I'll explain.

Be warned this is the most mathematical thing you will *ever* get out of me.

Triangles are the quirkiest of the regular polygons (that are drawable). Yes, I know, decagons are quirkier, but seriously, the only people who can draw them are Australians. Why? Just trace around a fifty cent piece, of course.

But what the buck. I'm a TRIANGLE.

Triangles are the strongest shape, although they do not always look strong. Triangles are often considered to be half a square, but a triangle is a shape in itself.

Yah get my drift?

Good.

Anyhoo, I am a triangle trying to fit into a circle - a really small circle, called society. Circles annoy me. They're bloody hard to draw. The formulas for circles always seem to revolve around pi, for some strange reason - why can't it just be length times width? Why do circles do that to us!?

And they seem to go "Nyah, nyah, we're the only shape *allowed* to have curvy edges! Real shapes have curves!"

At least, that's what they seem to do.

Yes, I know, circles are probably not the only shape with curvy edges, but what the buck. Don't ruin my already-pathetic rant.

Seriously, I don't know whether it's because I'm Asian, or I'm smart, or I'm ugly, or I was born at some really unlucky conjunction of planets or something - like, Uranus farted on Jupiter the moment I was born. But seriously, everything I seem to do offends people.

Okay, I get offended pretty easily. Okay, very easily. And people call me *sensitive*. They just don't get why I get worked up over the things that I get worked up over. They're just think I've gone nuts.

Wrong. I'm too nutty to get any nuttier.

And then I say these things and then people hang up phones on me or start yelling at me for like half a century. Or they give me the silent treatment. Seriously. What did I do? People offend me all the time, with things like:

"Oh my god, you got a pimple!"

Yeah, thanks for reminding me.

And then I say something, and sometimes it's even a *compliment*, and they go right off. I mean, are you serious, they just go completely off. I don't even go wacko anymore - I just pretend they didn't say anything. Otherwise the world would have run out of Kleenexes a long time ago. But they just start screaming as though I've said every single insult in every single language known to man.

I just don't get it. What did I do?

They say I'm sensitive for getting worked up, then they say that I'm insensitive for offending other people. Does that mean I'm sensitively insensitive? Or insensitively sensitive?

I dunno. This place is weird.

6 comments:

slippi said...

maybe instead of trying to jam yourself into a circle hole, find yourself triangle hole.

(aha wow i have no idea what i'm saying)

Anonymous said...

I should know...
anyway you have know idea how many times you've offended me without realising. So... you're sensitively insensitive. hmmm..
C.S

Morgapedia said...

Join the club. I know some kids who are good in woodshop: maybe we can get them to drill us some holes. (:

And are the 50 cent pieces seriously decagonal(if that's a word?)? You almost never see US 50 cent pieces because they don't mint them anymore. they're huge, and have president Kennedy on them.

Sorry I haven't been around; broken computers suck!

Anonymous said...

yeah, our fifty cents have twelve sides - they're the biggest coin and the most annoying because some vending machines don't accept them. We used to have 1 cent and 2 cent pieces but they stopped making them: one had a lizard and the other had an echidna on it.

I was playing JumpStart the other day when we didn't have internet and i was insanely bored and i had nothing better to do (JumpStart is this educational American program) and i failed the second grade program because i kept spelling 'colour' as 'colour' instead of 'color' and I don't know how to use American coins...lol.

Morgapedia said...

That's funny. And, not to be a pain or anything, "deca" is the prefix for 10. At least in American english (according to my English teacher, mrs. johnson). I don't know what the prefix for 12 is. I'll ask her.

The US government is talking about quitting making pennies (1 cent) too, because making them costs more than they're worth, but it'll never happen. (just like the conversion to metric in the 70s...)

I have a blog now!check it out if you want. hehehe

Anonymous said...

it's dodecagon, sorry...

that just shows what a brilliant mathematician i am.