"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, August 01, 2013

I sometimes wonder if words have expiry dates. Can the decay of time render words impotent, as it does men? Without any contradiction, can words suddenly lose their meaning? Even if they are kind words, precious words, loving words you have used as balm or as armour? I have found in my own words great power and in the words of others great comfort; it is heartbreaking to think that words, like lovers, are of no comfort to you when you need them most.

No comments: