"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Inconvenient Truth

Forgive me for being your friend of inconvenient truths
Of forgotten words and broken promises
Of flared tempers and sleepless nights

The wars you created in your mind are about to begin
The fears I created in my head are about to set in
I hope you will remember old times, for me

I am kind in the hope you will be kind in return
But I find myself becoming that bitter, angry, lonely child again
Let me redeem myself by redeeming you

There is something you should know that you never knew
Forgive me if this is something of an inconvenient truth
But no matter what is said or done, I will always be here for you.



No comments: