"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, September 01, 2013

동무

I would you was with me now that you might see
What pain I take in writing to you
Everyone, it seems, knows too well
The care and affection between us
Everyone, it seems, but me and you

I have here no friends
And much less impartial counsel
I know my temper flares yours but
It was all real, you know
You know how I detest insincerity

I beg you to tell me of my offences
And your grievances
I will speak nothing against it
My trust is always in you
That you will be as you have promised me

And these are all things so strange to me
How to talk, how to love, how to care
How to make it through each day
Without my demons, or yours
Please teach me gently how to breathe

If any person will meddle of my cause
I require them to judge the best
You must all know I was not ready for this life
I thought to be dead and past my pain

No more, for fear of tiring you
I heartily recommend me unto you
Praying you to send me word how that you do.

Click here for a discussion of 동무.


No comments: