"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Meteoric.

You've always been two people to me.
The person you are, and the person you pretend to be. 
I've kept one of you here, safe in my heart.

I can smile at smiles, even now. 
Even when I curse and cry at you
Even when I let you fade away into the depths of time
I can remember you, fondly. 

It is like I have kept my friend with me, eternally
And that is enough, enough for me
Enough that I can still smile at what used to be. 

for forgotten friends. 

No comments: