"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, January 01, 2012

So that was it, then.

So that was 2011! What a year it's been. Life is a rollercoaster, enjoy it before you have to trot off and buy ridiculously expensive fairground food.

I look forward to 2012 - graduation year - with excitement and great motivation. I am, after many ups and downs both academically and emotionally, on the home stretch, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That being said, I've had a marvelous 2011 - one of the first years in a long time I have felt truly happy and appreciated.

Four years ago I started this blog out of anger, resentment and boredom, but from there it has blossomed into a much-needed creative outlet and a very small but encouraging hub of readers. I hope that each and every one of you enjoyed a fulfilling 2011 and look forward to the surprises that next year has in store.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Lady Solitaire:

Hope you're savouring the happiness and appreciation, and getting off the ground running.

You've tackled some great topics in Secret World of a Pariah in 2011.

Hope there's lots of light at the end of the tunnel.

Have just read a wonderful post about a roller-coaster passion. They really are a model for life, along with marble runs.

(Not much of a fan of fairground food, though I do enjoy things on a stick and ice-creams. One thing I would like to try is a poterflie: a tiny Dutch pancake).