"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tag: Get Your Freak On!

1. What's a nickname only family call you? 

Well, for obvious reasons, nobody in real life calls me 'Lady Renegade' or 'Lady Solitaire'. My dad and my Korean family are really the only people who say my name as it's meant to be - last name first, with the proper Korean accent - everyone else just says it in the Western way, warped in a variety of different accents. My sister, naturally, has a variety of derivative and mildly insulting nicknames for me, which I'm sure you can figure out.

2. What's a weird habit of yours?

Everything I do is weird.

3. Do you have any weird phobias?

I'm still scared of the dark...

4. What's a song that you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?

Oh, loads. When I'm around people I only play alternative stuff, because that's the kind of school I go to, or the generally accepted Taylor Swift. I LOVE Horrible Histories, and as a consequence of that I know the lyrics of most of the songs, which I sing alot :). Despite my long-standing boycott of K-Pop, I do have a couple tracks on my iPod, which I play when nobody's within earshot. But my biggest music sin is Miley Cyrus. I may get lynched when I go back to school.

5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?

I hate it when people SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF really loudly. I hate it when I'm not in uniform and people make me give up my seat on the train. I hate it when I wake up and my hair looks like it's been hit by a train. Stuff like that. Just so I don't sound whiney, I love it when I wake up and my hair looks super cool. I love it when I wake up and there isn't a giant zit on my nose. I love lying on grass and watching the clouds puff by. I love writing poems. Stuff like that.

6. What's one of your nervous habits?

I had a really bad stutter when I was a kid, and when I'm nervous or wound up I can actually get rendered speechless. Highly embarassing. I'm also a really bad public speaker, so I wind up laughing at my own jokes when I'm nervous.

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

I always sleep facing the door. I can't sleep facing the wall. I feel like Dracula's going to creep up on me and say BOO!

8. What was your first stuffed animal and its name?

I have a violet bunny rabbit in purple pyjamas called Rabby - inventive, no? Rabby has a special place in my heart - she was the only person who stayed by my side during my operation when I was five. Apparently when I came round the surgeon said 'Oh look, she's got her teddy bear with her' and I told him, grumpily, 'Can't you see it's a RABBIT???'

9. What's the drink you always order at starbucks?

I have boycotted Starbucks, for no other reason other than THEY MAKE SHIT COFFEE. I love going to Miss Maud's for lattes, though, and in the summer I love Gloria Jeans Voltage, which is just a strong shot of coffee with lots of milk, ice and sugar.

10. What's a beauty rule that you preach, but never actually practice?

I used to be a makeup addict, so I know every single beauty rule in the book. But I'm also extremely lazy, so I don't do any of them other than washing off my makeup before I go to bed - not so hard now that I hardly wear makeup. I think my biggest vice is not washing my makeup brushes enough...when they're dirty and in a hurry I just use my fingers....

11. Which way do you face in the shower?

Towards the door. I watched Psycho.

12. Do you have any weird body skills?

I don't need any. I just tell people I'm a cyborg. It's kinda true. Because I'm so medically screwed up, I can't really donate my body to science, but I could donate a lot of scrap metal...

12. What's your favourite comfort food that's 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?

When I was younger ramen was a multi-purpose pain killer, anti-depressant and ex-boyfriend killer. Now my favourite comfort food is chendol, which is a South-East Asian dessert made of coconut milk, shaved ice, palm sugar and red beans. Soooo unhealthy....luckily, the only place in Perth that makes decent chendol is a million miles away.

13. What's a phrase or exclaimation you always say?

I used to pick up things from ex boyfriends, so when I was younger I would say 'n'duh' and stuff a lot. Now I've picked up something from Horrible Histories: saying 'serious question?' in a bad French accent whenever somebody asks me something.

14. Time to sleep. What are you actually wearing? 

Malaysian batik. It's a standard uniform for the women in my mother's family. Although, in year eight, I did cause a bit of a stir by showing up to breakfast at school camp wearing a rather hideous pumpkin-orange jersey and mickey mouse trackpants...

No comments: