"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Running Circles

Let us be kindred sinners
Rather than warring saints

Why do you always have me running circles like this?
Why do you always have me running circles for you?

And if I saw any kind of hurt, or pain, or contempt
Perhaps I could understand

But there is nothing at all and I
I cannot bear indifference 

You keep asking about him
As if he and I are a puzzle for you to unravel 

We stand on shaky ground 
With our hands clasped tight

And for us, that will always be enough 

I don't know if that is something you can understand. 

But don't think about him, my friend
Don't think about our bodies entwined or our childish games 

He and I build sandcastles that do not survive the tide

But you and I, my friend
Will we survive the hour? 

Why do you always have me running circles like this?
Why do you always have me running circles for you? 

No comments: