"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Like Meteors

Once upon a time
I told you that I remember things in flashes

And all I can remember is seeing you from backstage
And I know that you knew that I was there

But not there 

As if the fake armour was real 
And even if you should see me 

You would not recognise me
Without my harlot's lips 

At any rate, my fickle friend
I know that on stage,
Backstage,
In your arms

To you, I am never really there.

And I was absently following advice
A voice from another time once told me 

Before I felt myself freeze over 
Felt my blood turn to ice

Because that voice drips with poison honey 
And I tried, I tried to tell you

I TRIED TO TELL YOU THAT THIS ISN'T RIGHT 

This is my ugliness

I TRIED TO TELL YOU THAT I AM NOT

THAT I 
COULDN'T 

I WON'T EVER HURT YOU 

BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

So there you are, my friend.

These are my thoughts that soar
Like meteors
In my lonely, empty heart tonight. 

No comments: