"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, November 17, 2014

Waves.

I know it will hit me
Like the waves I never quite learned to dive under

But what a thing it must be
To lay down your head and sleep

I am more afraid of pain
Than drowning

I wish more than anything
That you can lay down your head and sleep

But I cannot remember you as you were, my friend
I cannot even remember what colour your eyes are.

And I cannot pray for you, my friend
I don't quite know how

But I will let it hit me
Like the waves I never quite learned how to dive under

And sink, or swim
For you.

For a dear friend. 

No comments: