"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Bon Voyage

I am sorry I have you caught
Between a rock and a beautiful place

Let the storm rage, then blow over
I will keep you safe from my fury

In truth, my darling,
I feel quite bereft without you

I have buried one friend
Been murdered by two others

And sent you away
With my love around your neck

I know my love is reckless and rude
Difficult and unkind

It is hard to show
And harder to understand

But I will always be there for you
Come fire, flood, act of God

(Not that you and I think it will come to that;
But if it does, I will still continue to be)

I will wait like Penelope for you.
(Not really, but you know what I mean)

for Daniel. 

No comments: