"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Clarence

If you thought I would relent
That I am a problem you can run from
That I am a skeleton to lock in your closet

That you can disappear for months
And find me still smiling 
If you thought you could crawl back
Into my open arms 

You were wrong

I have only had more time to grow angrier
You tempt fate
You tempt Italian powders from my sleeve
Into your cup

I am done.
I am done smiling, I am done loving,
I am done begging for forgiveness

Perhaps if you had faced me like a man
I would have forgiven you
But it is too late for this, for us
For you now

Are you afraid?
Are you afraid of fire?

Wiser to be afraid of water 

My rage is a witch's wind 
An endless bellow 

A maelstrom; 

And you are my shipwreck. 

No comments: