"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Still King

I cannot sweeten my words with apology
I have no mercy to beg for

You will twist my words
Into knives against me

So I will not write them at all

Silence has become
My last stand

I will be defiant to the end

I am a monster of your own creation
And you are afraid of me

I have always been
So afraid of you

But I am the blood of kings
And kings do not kneel.

You may strike me down, but
All the same

I do not kneel.

No comments: