"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 12, 2015

sixfootone

There is a grim confidence in knowing
You cannot hurt me
As much as they have

And I knew, as I pushed against you
When you pinned me down

That I have nothing you can take from me

I know that my sanctity is in my heart
And not between my legs

I cannot bring myself to regret you

Sixfootone of pure danger

I'll never forget the thrill of your tattooed arms around me
Your scarred hands on me

I'll never forget your kisses that tasted of
Cigarette smoke and broken dreams.

No comments: