"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Green Eyed Monster

Once, when I was awake beside you
When you stretched, yawned
Rolled over, and locked yourself around me
And muttered, eyelid flutter, like a child

I thought of him
My Green Eyed Monster
Who hated you
And hated me

But I loved him
So in the darkness, in a whisper
That was no more than a shout into the void
I said 'Hush, Green Eyed Monster,
Go to sleep'

And so he slept next to a witch
And dreamed of hypocrisy.

And now, when I sleep alone
In my cold, quiet bed
I put my hand on my heart
And say 'Hush, Green Eyed Monster,
Go to sleep'


No comments: