"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, April 06, 2015

Staircases.

I gave you the staircase
Where I first fell in love

I gave you my Juliet balcony

I gave you my mausoleum
Of heartbeats and heartbreaks

Think of my childhood fingertips
Brushing the balustrades
Think of the sweat and eucalyptus
Hovering in the playground

Think of the fireflies after dark
Violin cases strapped to white backs

And think of your perfume
And your long, manicured nails
And your shrill, frustrated snarl

Drowning my memories out

I gave you the place where I stumbled
And wept
And dreamed of a future with

People

Like

You  

I suppose it really is the death of innocence

That you have everything

Even the staircase
And the century-old corridors
The gum-tacked lockers

The blinding sun on the pavement
And the eerie, silent whistle
Of the solitary tennis court

Have it all, then
Have it all.

No comments: