"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Our. Psycho. Police Minister.

Mood: flipped off
Listening to: 'Never Let You Go' by Justin Bieber (someone also has to sing this for me on a Valentine's Day)
Hungry for: lunch
Bella says: 'I LOVE WATCHING TOP GEAR WITH MUMMY!!!!'

There is a desperate shortage of 'lollypop men' in Australia.

Which is understandable. I mean, who wants to receive a lousy wage to wear a hideous fluorescent vest and wave a lollypop around so some dinky kids can cross the road?

Not many people.

Due to the shortage of traffic wardens, police are often (quote) 'forced' to stand in.

And because this is 'so desperately inappropriate', the police minister wants to get high school seniors to do the job - WITHOUT PAY.

What the buck?

I mean, it's not like TEE students have eons of spare time, you know. And no teenager worth their salt is going to do a job that involves marshalling snotty schoolkids and potentially getting hit by hoons for not a single bleeding cent. I mean, what is he thinking? Is our tragic academic reputation not bad enough already? Do they not know that there is actually some of us who have a life? Do they actually think we're going to volunteer to help a flipping government that spends more money on sports stadiums then women's health and education put together?

I'll tell you something, police minister. Get a flipping life. We're students - we have to save this bloody planet because you bleeding old farts have flipping killed it. You want us to be traffic wardens? You want us, the bright new generation, to get run over by flipping hoons? And you don't even want to give us and bloody money for it? What are we? Slaves?

This is going too far. I can't believe that this government, far from helping the next generation, is exploiting it. We're kids - not irresponsible flipping on the dole. So don't treat us like we are.

2 comments:

Guess Who said...

No more Justin Beiber.
NO MORE!

I'm sorry. Listen to whatever you want.

Guess Who said...

This has nothing to do with this, but...
check out my blog?

http://ramblings-of-the-day@blogspot.com

just started, so it sucks.
anyway....