"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Emergency

It was an emergency,
Why didn't you call an ambulance?
I was bleeding, dying,
Why did you leave my life to chance?

We were in a constant state
Of transcending life and death,
You can pretend all you want but it was
Code four
Out the door
You can't deny that

It was an emergency;
For Christ's sake,
You're useless.
We lived in an emergency,
I needed a paramedic,
You don't have to be psychic to
Feel my pain,
Why don't you ever
Use your brain?
You rubbed salt in my wounds,
Then you sugared the cut;
But now it's too late,
I can't be saved.

You could have made a mercy call,
Or at least a mercy killing.
But you don't show mercy at all,
You took a picture of me crying.

And I heard you gloat to your friends,
And I was horrorstruck
As I watched,
A helpless ghost.
And I'd say I'd
Never do it again, but
You left no room for second chances;
You poured the petrol,
Burned the evidence.

We lived in an emergency,
It was a mistake,
Heartbreak.
We lived in an emergency and I needed a lifeline,
Not the red wine,
You're nothing but a swine.
You watched and learned,
I crashed and burned;
And now it's too late,
I can't be saved.

We had an emergency
And now there's blood on your hands.
All I know is I met a boy,
But you didn't leave a man.
My heart's a hotel with too many
Vacancies
I've learned the lonely side of
'Let me be',
Corpses aren't any
Good for business.

I died in an emergency,
Didn't need no divine intervention,
You were the cause, the blame,
You could have been the prevention...

Inspired by 'Emergency' by Paramore

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

So many lines in Emergency which speak out.

"You don't have to be psychic to
Feel my pain,
Why don't you ever
Use your brain?"

And the one about red wine and "I met a boy but you didn't leave a man".

Paramore consistently produces powerful material.

The original Lady Solitaire elements stand out though.

Sugaring cuts ... pouring petrol.

When people make things WORSE than what they originally were, they will stop at nothing! (We stop at nothing). And something that you originally thought disgusting and painful.

And it's not only a lack of compassion and sensitivity involved, but an active "taking delight in pain".

"You watched and learned,
I crashed and burned;
And now it's too late,
I can't be saved."

And "corpses aren't any good for business".

The first two stanzas: very powerful and challenging.

(There is a Real McCoy song called "Operator" which I think of when I read this. Full of Eurobeats).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.