"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

To R , Love G .

Years are long in lives as short as
Yours and mine.
If  I were to advertise
I'd say
I'm one of a kind.
But they charge by the line,
And I waited by the hour;
This isn't how I wanted it to be,
But it's To R,
Love G.

I've compared thee to a summer's day,
But you're winter's frost and
Autumn's gale;
Swept my love away.
I tried, but
I'm not the
Brand of
Perfect
That you want.
So aint this lovely?
It's To R,
Love G.

All these years you've made me happy;
When you smiled,
I smiled.
But nothing's quite so bad as being
That girl
Picked last
For the t-ball teams.
But now there are tears in my eyes,
Because I'd hoped we'd say "hello"
Before the goodbyes.

But I guess this just wasn't meant to be.
I write away my heart with
To R,
Love G.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

So poignant:

"I thought we'd say
'Hello'
before the goodbyes".

And just the whole sense of time in the poem.

Smiling when he smiles...

"Years are long in lives
As short as yours and mine".

Arrgh! That sense of being so close and yet so far!