"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Alawi

The snow is melting
And my heart is breaking
It is time for me to go home

You must forgive our friend for me
I should have seen how young he is
How unwittingly he has hurt me

And you must forgive me, I think
For loving too easily, too greedily

What a fool I am
I am sure the spirits mock me
God put my smile upon your face

Forgive me
I cannot forgive you for leaving
Without even saying goodbye

Perhaps when we meet again
Here or in the hereafter
I will have the wisdom to forgive you

I will go back to my life
Of fighting and wandering
In the place of eternal promise
And endless disappointment

You will find other girls to waste your money on
Forgive me if I seem bitter
But you know and I know it is the truth

The snow is melting
And my smile is fading
It is time for me to go home

Click here for a discussion of Alawi 

No comments: