"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

touched.

Now Playing: Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran (and all I feel is my stomach is butterflies, the beautiful kind, making up for lost time)

So it was my birthday yesterday and I had the time of my life. In between the first proper snow in about a month to the most epic snowball fight around the campus and being stuffed stupid with delicious Arab food and losing my voice at our favourite 노래방 to being spoiled rotten with mountains of presents and just...hanging out with the best people you will ever meet.

I'm just so touched by the effortless sincerity and generosity of the people I have met here, of the people from all across the globe that I am so proud to call my friends. They have filled my time here with endless fun and laughter. Every gift has its own story, its own meaning, its own sweet set of memories. I've only known these people for a few short weeks, we have no real common language and we're all just strangers thrown in together at the deep end, but they're surely some of the best people I will ever know. Because who am I, really? A little girl they met barely a month ago that they will never see again less than two weeks from now. I am so glad I've met my crowd, after so long of being told I'm not good enough and scraping for any meagre friendship I could get my hands on. These people are the most beautiful, wonderful people I've ever met and I will miss them dearly.

많이 사랑해, 친구들.

고마워, 스키피.

No comments: