"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Unspoken

You're the one pushing me away
So why is the blame on me?

I just...
There's rhyme and reason to what you say

And I know to you I must seem
The epitome of reckless irrationality

But you know better than anyone
That I only get angry

Because you are close enough to hurt me.
Or...

You once were.
They're not expectations, just memories

And if the void between us
Is an abyss I tumble through

I'll accept the cold as I always do
It hurts that these words might be a comfort to you.

Click here for a discussion of Unspoken 

No comments: