"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Emerald Waves

I am a fool to still care for you
I know in my heart you are good and safe

You left me on an icy island
In a cold grey sea 

There in the frost you still dwell
My expendable presence discarded
 
And every tide washes away the memory of me.

A world away from you the sea breeze dries my tears 
I left my love in emerald waves

My heart is a thousand miles down to the sea bed
Where even you cannot break it

I have drowned the vulnerabilities
Of love and longing 

I left my love in emerald waves
Do not fret, my love

For although I leave you alone, leave you behind
I have left you here in Paradise.

Click here for a discussion of Emerald Waves

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Feeling the Waves right now.

What a journey, Lady Solitaire!

His self is not expendable and nor are his feelings.

(And his actions may or may not endure...)

"I have left you in Paradise".