"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, June 06, 2013

ad vitam aut culpam

Hate is spitting like venom
Into me, the fruit of the poisonous tree
But you're still too kind to each other
Still sleeping like lovers

I was always the axe in the family tree, I know
I learnt that lesson long ago
But you're the headsman
And she is Anne Boleyn

Don't blame the axe
It does not know where it swings

This is your fault
YOUR fault
your FAULT
YOUR FAULT

It's the fault in our stars
My star crossed lovers
And the decay of the stardust that created me
Fractured starlight and broken dreams

I thought love was a game of cards
Intrigue and intoxication
But it's a house of cards
Falling down around me

Falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm at peace
It's only when I hit the ground

I break like shattered glass

SO LOUD

I can see you in my feet
You're the blade that cut my soul
With each step

I tried to run
But you crippled me
Kiss me, then
Kiss my feet and beg me to forgive you
You know I never will

My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with
Why didn't you kill me when it was not murder?
You kept me alive with scalpels and ether

I wish you had signed
Another dotted line.

No comments: