So I have a list. Of things. I want to talk about.
I have at least 20 post ideas at a time on this list and I keep adding to it as things pop up and, yes, as people suggest things. Anything you suggest that I think is appropriate for this blog will be added to the list. So if you have any topics you'd like discussed, questions you want answered or anything that you're confused about, contact me!
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
- If we are friends on Facebook, you can inbox me or post on my Wall. I may consider creating a Facebook page for this project at some point in the future
- You can buzz me an email at geesycheesydarita(at)gmail.com
- You can comment on any speak now post, but be aware that all comments are read and moderated prior to publishing
TOPICS OF RELEVANCE:
- Human Sexuality, including orientation, expression and identity
- Anatomy, as long as you keep in mind that I am not by any stretch of the imagination a particularly scientific person
- Anything about sex positivity, atheism, feminism, atheist feminism
- Any queries about terminology you might have come across, like 'heteronormative' or 'pansexual'
- My opinions of current affairs related to sexuality or sexual violence/abuse, especially Australian matters
- Suggestions for any songs/music videos/movies/TV series/books for me to critique from a feminist/sex positive angle
- 'Controversial' topics like abortion, gender selection, prostitution, etc.
- You can ask me to discuss my personal experiences but I may choose not to answer them and please be respectful
- If you have a business selling sex-positive and/or LGBT stuff (jewellery etc) let me know and we can do a giveaway!
BEING A GUEST WRITER
- If you would like to be a guest writer, please INBOX ME ON FACEBOOK or EMAIL ME a brief introduction to who you are and what you would like to write about
- It is preferable that I know you, or know of you - so if I don't know you personally but you have your own sex positive webspace please link me
- The article must be your own work and/or properly referenced as necessary
- I will make edits if necessary, but I will always send you a final copy prior to publication
- You will be recognised as the author of the guest post using any name/username you prefer (or as 'Anonymous'), and you may republish the post with permission
- If you like, you can moderate the comments on your guest post (as in, I will email all comments that are posted on that post and you can tell me whether to publish them or not)
I will tell you whether I like your suggestions and ideas for a guest post, but to give you some ideas, you can talk about:
- Having a sexual anatomy/identity/expression/orientation that is different from the cisgender/heteronormative ideal, or knowing someone who differs from the cisgender/heteronormative ideal
- Any LGBT issue, whether you are an LGBT individual or not
- Any issue relating to sexuality/atheism/feminism/atheist feminism/sex positivity
- A response to any of the posts I make (whether you agree or disagree with my argument)
- Dealing with body image issues or mental/eating disorders related to body image or sexuality
- If you are a medical professional or student, you can discuss anatomy and biology and contraception and reproduction and all that jazz (I mean, I will too, but very badly)
- If you have your own established sex positive webspace you can talk about being a peer sex educator and promote your sex positive webspace
- Any experience with sexual assault, domestic violence, or bullying associated with sexuality or gender
- If you would like to interview me or let me interview you, that can also be organised
Oh, one more thing: I will be linking every Speak Now post onto an index page in the toolbar (next to 'Playlist') so to access these posts you can either click on the tag under the title or head to that page :) ...I think that's it. More tomorrow!