"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, June 09, 2013

I am so tired of being forgiving
And asking forgiveness

Yes, I was looking out for myself
My only interests are my own
Call me selfish, then
Will you take it back when I am
At the end of a rope?

Because I am quite
At the end of my tether

Do I always have to be losing grip
To be selfless enough for you?

There is something comforting
About uneasy silence
You can't say the wrong thing
When you don't say anything at all

You have not spoken to me
In nearly a decade
So why start now?

I have gotten used to the silence

I'm tired of people stuck in CAPS LOCK

Shifting blame from one person to another
You can't always tell me how to feel, okay?
Feelings don't always give way to reason

I guess...
I guess you wouldn't understand.

Don't tell me you understand
Don't
Please don't
Don't you dare

You laughed to my face
And behind my back
When I tried to tell you
Of all the dark places I've been
I never tried to tell you again

Don't blame me for that
Don't
Please don't
Don't you dare

I accepted long ago
My problems are my own
You can't
You can't go back on that
It has worked too well for too long
This is how it is
And how it will always be

I was so young
You should have known
Better than to lean on me

I cracked.

No comments: