"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hey Guys. Back to Normal.

Sorry about the last couple of posts. I just wanted to make it clear I'm not taking any shit from this blog.

Anyway...it's raining! Finally. There was one hell of a storm yesterday, and it shows no sign of letting up. I got a revolting sore throat from the chill, but it was worth it. I have perfect inspiration for my short story I have to hand in to my English teacher on Monday. I needed something to enhance the dramatic storyline - and rain was perfect. I'll post the story on my blog once it's finished and polished - I've just drafted it, it still needs a lot of work. I stayed away from intricate descriptions, just sticking to basic adjectives and I didn't do a lot of character development - I focused on raw emotion. It's also one of my shorter stories, too - the word limit was 2000, and my story is 1882, but it will probably be longer once it's been buffed.

One question - what do you think when it rains? Does it symbolize anything? Does it mean anything more to you than just water hitting the ground?

No comments: