"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Magnetic.

I wish...
I could tell you how I feel.

It's like this.

I think about you every night
And day.
But I know you don't ever think
About me.
I could tell you I love you but
I can't lie
Because I don't think this is love.
But I just can't get enough...

You should know,
But you don't...
You don't know what you put me through,
You don't know how much
Dumber
Uglier
Stupider
Inferior
I feel when I'm around you.

I confuse...
Love with lust
Lust with slavery
Love with slavery
No, itjustwontdo.

You know
I figured out why
You can't love me.
Because I'm never me around you.
You drown me.
You took a chisel and
pickpickpick
Cracked me clean through.

I should know
Magnets
Are
No
Good
For
Me.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Are you a pin, Lady Solitaire?

Verses 4 and 5 are great. I love that "words run into each other technique".

"I'm never me around you".

(And you sort of get your field disrupted or mangled?)

Anonymous said...

the magnet is an inside joke. one of the many joys of being a cyborg.