"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Our Boys.

You see soldiers
We see brothers,
You see numbers
I see friends.
You see patriots
I see lovers,
You see heroes
We see the dead.

You give us medals
We want our fathers,
You give us honour
When we want our sons.
You give us money
We don't want your booty,
The war should have been over
But it's just begun.

What can replace the dead and the dying?
Who can console the weak and the crying?
They don't roar 'glory',
They just scream 'Mum',
Bring back our boys
Before God takes another one.

No comments: