"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Phantom's Opera

I am lady darkness,
You will know nothing but night;
You took away my innocence,
I'll take away your sight.
I'll lull your children to sleep with the
Horror lullaby,
I'll be singing softly in your ear
When you can't sleep at night.

Ancient gods below,
Great princes long gone;
I invoke you to curse
This man, this thing,
Flesh and bone.
I'd take a knife and
Run you through but
I will twist the last breath from you.
From now you'll suffer what
I have suffered in this
The Phantom's opera.

You will curse the day you did not do
All that the angel asked of you.

Inspired by 'The Phantom of the Opera'. Dedicated to...guess who?

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Really got into the Phantom's voice and mindset.

And we remember that he was just Erik, looking and longing for Christine as he probably did no-one else.

Long shot here. Is it to a doctor?