"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Hello

Who are you?
What are we?
What are we to become?

Are you a lover, murderer, friend?
How do you begin?
How do we end?

What do you mean?
You smile,
Are you sincere?
You frown,
Why are you so unclear?

What's our connection?
Is it tangible?
Will I run you through with my sword,
Or kiss your feet?
Will we laugh,
Cry,
Hope,
Die?
Would I say 'I love you',
Or is the question
'Do you love me?'

Are you brother or marauder,
Friend or foe?
So many things I'm yet to know.
I wonder how you and I will grow,
But I say this honestly,
It's so fascinating
How much
Is said
With
'Hello'.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hello is a great word.

And the bits with a sword are good.

It's a really questioning poem.

I wonder what the world would be like if we all gave an honest account to those questions?

(Or multiple accounts, all equally honest at the time...)