"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saudade

The red bricks
After the sun
Have a strange 
Warmth to them

When I was
Just a child
I used to 
Press my bare
Back and breast
To them and
Cry.

And the peppermint
Trees always stay
Cool even in
The February haze

And the soft
Green leaves would
Caress my skin
In the breeze
As I closed
My eyes and
Cried.

The rough touch
Of your hands
Your zipped up
Jacket and your
Almost-man chin

When I was
Just a child
I had soft
Words and lips
All for me.

And the seduction
Of sordid whispers
Cut the chill
Like a bright
Warm winter sun

I had that
Once upon a
Time.

Across the bay
I can see
The green light
In your eyes

You taught me
Love, my love

And that is
All well and
Good. 

Don't think that
I am chained
By bittersweet memories

No.

Once upon a 
Time I had
Your smiles and
Your eyes and
Your trust and
You were my

Very best friend. 

There will be
Other boys and 
Other kisses but 

I will always
Miss your friendship
I miss trusting
You with everything

You never let
My feet touch
The ground until
Now.

Nostalgia for the
Golden days remember
My little black 
Dress I wore
Then and today

Back then it
Was not stained
With tears and blood

If only I
Had been content
With your friendship

If only you
Had been satisfied
With my smiles

If we loved
Again I swear
I'd love you
Right. 

I do not
Regret what has
Been done but

I resent the
Saudade 

It does not
Mean the past 
Was any better

It only means
That the present
For the present
Is not good
Enough.

Click here for a discussion of Saudade

No comments: