"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Smother

trauma and melancholia
so
LOUD

and so I drowned

so many words to write in invisible ink
so many secrets to whisper to you
but my hands tremble so
and my lips are frozen by snow
flakes of fear and suspicion
and when he took my childhood
he took my voice as well

we are joined at the hip
and by the lips
seventeen minutes and we will be forced apart
not by lies or time
carbon
dioxide

but in the blur of strangled thoughts
and twisted desires
your hand will reach for mine
or maybe wrap around
wrist or throat or mouth

you know why you keep me
you cannot breathe without me
neither can live whilst the other survives
I give you each day as you bleed me dry

one word from me and I could
silence you forever
my heart was in my mouth
and you took it

I'll take your breath
and your death will be
the friendly drop to help me after
and thus with a kiss, I consume

I'm a foolish fragile spine
I want all that is not mine
I want him but we're not right

in the darkness I will meet my creators
and they will all agree that I'm a suffocator

Inspired by Smother by Daughter
Click here for a discussion of Smother

No comments: