"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Julia Gillard

Now Playing: People Help the People by Birdy (if you're homesick give me your hand and I'll hold it)



I am not a Julia Gillard fan. I was happy to see Kevin Rudd back. I'm not going to say she's the world's best politician because she is not. I'm not a diehard Labor fan and, to be honest, there are some Liberals I like better than her.

But that's not the point. The point is is that Australia had their first female leader and we really fucked up. Big time. No other prime minister has dealt with so much crap, so much abuse, and it's disgusting that most of it was for no other reason other than the fact that she is a woman. So don't you dare tell me Australia is not a sexist country. We don't even have the decency to treat our political leaders, the women who already have it so hard fighting in the very male-dominated, male-centric world of politics, with respect.

No comments: