"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Haha.

Haha,
I've got other things to love now.
Fresh-picked strawberries still warm from the sun,
Vine-grown tomatoes and having fun.
So why do you think I'm still in love with you?

Haha,
I've got other things to dream of now.
Red carpets and published books,
A country house and maybe a family.
So why do you still think I dream of you?

Haha,
I've got other things to think of now.
It's junior year next year,
Two years till graduation for me now.
Did you know that,
You stupid red-faced sophomore?

Haha,
I've got other things to worry about now.
Will that stupid spot ever depart from my nose?
Yeah,
Even that's more important to me than you.

And even though you had the satisfaction
Of watching me break down and cry,
I have the satisfaction of knowing that at least that was a low point in my life;
For you,
Your life will never get any higher.
And they never made monuments,
Or wrote books,
Or let kids have days off school
For pimply heartbreakers who made a little girl cry.

Haha,
So you can have that beautiful blonde girl,
And forget about me,
That mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you.
Because when I think of strawberries and fun,
Tomatoes and sun,
The years coming,
And the spot that I hope will be departing,
I know that all of these silly little things,
Are more to me than stupid little you.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

The vine-grown tomatoes and the strawberries just picked are very sensual (especially to the eye and the tongue).

And the whole "peaked at high school suggestion" in the last few lines. Oh, that must hurt!

Blur Ting said...

You go girl!