"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, October 22, 2010

There are two types of teenagers in this world.

One type we all hate...

...and one type most hate.

Teenagerdom is not exactly a popular phase of life, even though it's one of those unavoidable things, like women can't avoid being women and gay people can't avoid being gay. But, anyway.

The first type of teenager are more adequately described as whining couch potatoes that have to be fed too much and given expensive things like iPods and Wiis. These people, if they're pretty, end up as trophy wives or, if they're unlucky, divorced teenage-preggers check-out chicks. If they're not pretty, then...well, use your imagination, because they don't have much.

The second type are subdivisible, but basically they're the teenagers who do stuff. Most adults don't like this because they don't like being outshined by people younger than them, and have this they're-still-at-school-mwahahaha-so-we'll-keep-treating-them-like-children complex. Oh, and they have this other complex I call I-know-I-said-they're-children-but-we'll-give-them-adult-sized-loads-of-homework-mwahahahaha.

I want to be the second type.

Second type teenagers. Not many, you say. WRONG, I say!

Unfortunately, I'm forced to associate with Legolas, who is stubbornly type one.

No comments: