"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Name

Yes, I confess. I am a serial name-changer.

The new title is probably not as nonsensical as the last one. The title reflects, again, another favourite song of mine ('Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry).

I hate the term 'when I grow up'. People are full of bullshit. When you're a kid they tell you you're not good enough, when you're an adult they say that you 'don't have enough time'. There is never a good time to make dreams come true, so there's never been a better time than now. That's what annoys me the most, I think. Parents teach their children to tell the truth, and just hope that they'll never lie, but parents never teach their children to dare to dream.

Sorry if I haven't been blogging frequently. My book (50,807 words) is getting nice and fat, and getting lots of love :)

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I think the "dare to dream" message comes from other places, like school, sport and the media.

Wouldn't it be great to have a parent who not only teaches you to dare to dream, but lives out many of their own dreams themselves?

And the Lisa Simpson quote for today is appropriate:

"You can't create a monster, then complain when it stomps a few buildings" (Godzilla style).