"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, July 29, 2011

Courtesy and Creativity.

What is courtesy? Courtesy is stuff we do that pisses people off, in the name of not pissing people off. Courtesy is the socially accepted form of annoyance.

It is impossible to be a creative person whilst maintaining a courteous facade. Creative people can't stand being *interrupted*. I can't stand it when people barge in to my little private world, and ask stupid questions like 'why do I talk to myself' and 'do I know that they can hear me singing in the shower?'. I said I was creative, not dumb.

Speaking of dumb - I absolutely cannot stand dumb people. We are the species that conquered the world - we invented everything that wasn't on the periodic table. Unless you are medically retarted, you're just being fucking lazy.

Why are people so stupid? If you can't hold a decent conversation at the age of sixteen then you're a lost cause. Sixteen - you're legally allowed to be mothers at sixteen. I weep for humanity.

What has happened to humanity? You take one look at refugees - or specifically, how we treat them - and you feel almost as if humanity has failed.

What is failure? Perhaps I have failed. Perhapse we are all failures. But how do we know? How do we know otherwise?

No comments: